Sport is an emerging field of study. Sports Management lays out an opportunity for all those who have an interest in sports field a medium to undergo a detailed study of the subject. So if you are passionate about sports try pursuing an MBA in Sports Management.
What it is about?
MBA in Sports Management is a full-time post-graduation program in Sports. The duration of the course is 2 years which is subject to vary based on the norms prescribed by different institutions and universities.
The course brings together the norms and principles of sports and business administration by imbibing them the concepts and trends related to sports management. Candidates are given a general understanding of business and marketing blending it with the specialized knowledge of sports thereby preparing candidates to tackle work related to the sports field.
Students are given a holistic view of business ethics as well as values with the aim of rendering them a broader perspective of the field. The students are exposed to the concepts and latest trends involved in the field thereby assisting them to develop in themselves the necessary skills.
The minimum eligibility criteria for MBA in Sports Management are mentioned below:
- Candidates must have passed their 3-years Bachelor degree in any relevant discipline with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks and above from a recognized university.
- They are supposed to pass the entrance examination conducted at state and national level such as SNAP/ SMAT/ CAT, etc. for admission to the program. Certain colleges may conduct their own aptitude test followed by personal interview and group discussion for admission.
MBA in Sports Management opens up a wide range of opportunity for candidates to build their career surrounding the area of sports and activities related to the field. The candidates are made proficient to choose their career in areas concerning sports which includes Media, Event Management, Sports Consultants, Franchise Operations, etc.
Following are the best colleges offering MBA in Sports Management:
- Institute of Management and Technical Studies (IMTS), Noida
- Symbiosis International University, Pune
- IISWBM, Kolkata
- College of Events and Media (COEM), Pune
- Centurion University of Technology and Management (CUTM), Orissa
- Tamil Nadu Physical Education and Sports University (TNPESU), Chennai
- Netaji Subhas National Institute of Sports, Patiala
- Amity School of Physical Education and Sports Sciences, Noida
- Indira Gandhi Institute of Physical Education & Sports Sciences, New Delhi
- D Y Patil University of Sports Management, Mumbai
Explore more courses in Sports Management by booking a session with our counsellors at Career Spark.
To receive more updates and alerts related to new-age careers and various entrance exams subscribe on WhatsApp https://bit.ly/2UXcEnp