It may be the second-smallest continent, but Europe is densely packed with many of the world’s best educational institutions. In the QS World University Rankings 2018, a total of 369 European universities are featured among the world’s best, roughly 38% of all the universities included.
The competitive world today demands high qualifications along with practical skills. For a student who has completed the bachelor’s degree a Master’s degree is one of the most popular choices. And Europe remains one of the top destinations for students who wish to study abroad for several decades. A European Master’s degree remains a dream for most students.
One year Master’s is one of the most popular programs offered in Europe, which remains highly coveted by many students. So without further adieu, let us discuss some of the top one-year Master programs in Europe.
One-Year Masters Program in Business Administration
Masters in Business Administration or the MBA is one such course which has gained enormous prominence in recent times. Such is its popularity that having an MBA degree is considered a ticket to a successful career. Europe has a high number of quality business schools making it a great option to pursue an MBA. Not only that, it is also home to some of the most innovative MBA programs as well. Here are some of them:
- MBA (Economics): This business qualification stresses on the economic aspects of business ensuring a promising career in the corporate world. This course makes students industry ready to tackle all challenges in the field. After completing the course, students can find themselves in well paid careers like Economist, Financial Consultant, and Statistician etc. One can also chose to become a professor in reputed universities.
- MBA (Aviation): A career in the aviation industry is a challenging one, requiring constant updating of technology, skills and deep understanding of this dynamic industry. An MBA (Aviation) degree aims to provide exactly that, along with equipping students with advanced knowledge and skills to be leaders in this field. This course offers expertise in aviation operations and air transportation to its students.
- MBA (Fashion): MBA (Fashion) is the perfect course for those who wish to excel and sustain in the fashion industry. Many creative people from the fashion industry often opt for this course and find their talent being elevated to a different level along with inculcating business skills.
One Year Master’s Programme in Social Sciences and Humanities
Studying Humanities means exploring the archive of everything humans thought, achieved, wrote, and believed throughout history. By studying Humanities, you get a complete picture of what makes human beings fully interesting, complicated, weird, and unique.
Students enter into a variety of fields that explore the art, discoveries, rituals, traditions, and cultures that humans have invented over time. Basically, this field give us the record of human experience.
There are several fields built into the Humanities. Students can find wide-ranging subjects such as Literature, Philosophy, Religious Studies, Art History, Linguistics, Cultural Studies, Archaeology and many more.
Students who study Humanities tend to enter into the following careers Education, Journalism, Law, Academia, Public Relations, Internet copywriting etc.
One Year Master’s Programme in Science
After the completion of the bachelor’s degree, it’s a common choice to choose Masters in the same field. Science offers a variety of courses with even more varied job options. Masters in Science have many interesting specializations. Some interesting one-year courses you can opt for in Europe are:
- MSc (Natural Sciences): Natural Sciences is a field that includes biological science, botany, zoology, physics, chemistry, Earth science, and astronomy, etc. Any Master’s degree in Natural Sciences opens up a plethora of options for the students to pursue. One can join government departments or join academia while also continuing their research in the concerned field.
- MSc (Neuro Sciences): Neuroscience is the scientific study of the nervous system. This one-year M.Sc. course is designed to provide multidisciplinary training in the neurosciences. It gives advanced knowledge of topics from molecular to behavioral neuroscience. The course is about who wishes for specialized knowledge in this field. This is a perfect course for a career in biomedical, pharmaceutical or neuropsychological research. This course will equip one with all the skills necessary to be a Laboratory Technician, Clinical data manager, researcher, educator, etc.
- MSc (Nanotechnology): Nanotechnology is science, engineering, and technology conducted at the nanoscale, which is about 1 to 100 nanometers. Nanoscience and nanotechnology are the study and application of extremely small things and can be used across all the other science fields, such as chemistry, biology, physics, materials science, and engineering. It equips students with adequate skills to participate in the design, development, characterization, and application of smart and clean materials. This rapidly growing multidisciplinary activity has enormous economic, social and environmental benefits that offer worldwide employment opportunities.
Upon successful completion of the course, nanotechnology postgraduates can find employment in various sectors like agriculture, environment industry, medicine etc. as project assistant, business development, project engineer etc.
Masters in International Business Management
If you are one of those having an interest in the global economy, then this course is for you. This course is the ideal one for who wish for a detailed study of international business and have completed business related degree. This course aims to offer a deeper understanding of business in an international context. This course will give a better understanding of international business and global economy including its limitations, relevance and other possible applications. Not only that the course will also make you ready to face the challenges in global economy.
Masters in Information Design
Masters in Information Design is a one-year course, apt for the students who wish to enhance their skills in the field of information design.This Masters program will fully elevate your practical skills and theoretical knowledge to the next level. This course promises job opportunities mainly in corporates, business and communication consultancies, service companies, design studios, as well as NGO’s government agencies, research institutions etc.
Explore more Master’s options by booking a session with our counsellors at Career Spark
To receive more updates and alerts related to new-age careers and various entrance exams subscribe on WhatsApp https://bit.ly/2UXcEnp